Logistics / Supply Chain Manager Europe – Amsterdam
Mariëlle Wester | 26 January 2018
In this position you will be responsible to take the lead in the logistics and supply chain operation and developments in Europe.
You will be working for an importing & distribution company of plant based products. They are a start-up organization, growing rapidly in the European Market and distribute their products to large supermarket chains and small specialized retail stores.
You are responsible for managing and optimizing the logistics and supply chain flow, from production floor to retail shelf. You will be working in a small, international and innovative team in which you will have a high impact due to broad responsibilities (on an operational as well as strategic level).
Key activities and responsibilities:
• Managing the daily order flow from production floor (US/EU) to shelf (EU);
• Managing demand, inventory and stock levels to a cost-efficient supply chain;
• Optimize packaging and labeling for a multi-country product;
• Managing the warehouse and transport service providers and optimizing the physical flow;
• Implement support systems like EDI and VMI to increase efficiency and service levels;
• Discuss delivery terms and processes with both suppliers and customers/retailers;
• Manage, control quality of the products (HACCP, temperature recording etc.) during the supply chain process;
• Improve and manage import duties, trade agreements and other customs & compliances issues.
• Master / Bachelor level education in preferable logistics/supply chain or business administration;
• 4-7 years’ experience in a supermarket or food production/sales organization;
• Knowledge of and/or experience in both physical logistics/transportation and supply chain management preferable also in customs and trade;
• Highly organized, with strong analytical- and problem-solving skills;
• Enjoying in a dynamic fast-paced and changing environment;
• A real entrepreneurial mind-set, you are self-driven, passionate and you love to work independently, whilst being a strong team player;
• EU work permit is a must;
• Experience in dealing with suppliers, customers and retailers in Europe;
• Languages: Fluent English, other European languages are a plus.
Executive Search and Recruitment Consultant
+31 6 505 99 188
Contact Mariëlle Wester: email@example.com
Or apply via the button below