Executive Search Logistics & Supply Chain
See below a schematic flow of the executive search process for logistics, supply chain, procurement and manufacturing with a timeline indication, which also can be adjusted to the needs of the client or assignment:
Executive Search process
During an executive search process for logistics, supply chain, procurement and manufacturing, Inspired-Search will (amongst others) perform the following activities:
- Complete intake interviews with internal client(s), possibly (preferably) site visits, cultural and organisational analysis;
- Prepare a detailed candidate information package concerning the organisation, its strategy direction, the position and requirements;
- A comprehensive market, database & (online) network search:
- Market research: identify potential candidates currently active in this industry/region with a similar (company) profile;
- Database research: identify potential candidates in our database with a similar (company) profile;
- Network research: using social media and our offline network to search for potential candidates currently active in this industry/region with a similar (company) profile.
- Prepare a long list of potential candidates;
- Telephone screening of the long list;
- Prepare a short list of these candidates;
- Complete personal interviews with candidates;
- Complete an interview report incl. CV of promising candidates;
- Introduce candidates who fit the profile/job description and have passed the interview with Inspired-Search;
- In consultation with our client we can also perform a Personal Profile Analysis (PPA/DISC);
- Discussion/evaluation of candidates with the client before and/or after the client interview;
- Intermediation for making appointments between client and candidate;
- In consultation with our client, we can help obtaining references of the final candidate;
- Onboarding: After a successful placement, Inspired-Search will, if needed, ensure performance goals are formulated and will maintain an ongoing dialogue with both our candidate and client to ensure everybody is aligned, and that the integration into the organisation is successful.
The following are typical executive assignments Inspired-Search has performed in the past:
Global Supply Chain Director, Directeur Logistics Solutions Development, Directeur Transport Europa, Operations Manager, Logistiek Manager, Algemeen Manager Supply Chain Planning Europa, Managing Director, Business Development Manager/Director, Plant/Production Manager, VP Supply Chain, VP Operations, Head of European Planning.
The five main reasons why companies hire an executive recruitment company?
1 – Tight labour market
The talent market has become very tight (2019) and companies struggling more and more to attract the right talent. More and more candidates are passive and there are less active job seekers. “Just” placing and advertisement will not tap into the passive resource pool.
2 – Lacking internal expertise
Internal recruitment staff does not necessarily understand the complexity of supply chain and will struggle to identify to right candidates. If the role is beyond the internal expertise and specialised external recruitment company might be the way to go. In addition, because the in house recruiters don’t have regular senior supply chain positions they might struggle to build, maintain and stay in contact with the supply chain network.
3 – Time and cost
Supply Chain executives have a significant impact on the bottom line results of a company. Leaving a position open for too long will cost significantly more than the external recruitment cost.|
4 – Best in class talent
Companies realise that their success is directly linked to the quality of their talent. The best recruitment practises we have seen in the market has always been a combination of in house recruitment resources and external recruitment partners.
5 – Discretion
Sometime discretion is essential, i.e. if there is still a person in the role you want to recruit for. Reaching out to the market confidentially without an external recruitment company is virtual impossible.
Finding the right candidate for your business can be difficult. Please contact us to see how we can help.