Senior Project Manager / (warehouse) Engineering Consultant – The Netherlands
Edwin Tuyn | 24 December 2020
With business in Europe growing, St. Onge is currently looking for a new Senior Project Manager / (warehouse) Engineering Consultant to strengthen their European team. In this position you will be leading various European logistics consulting, engineering and implementation projects throughout Europe.
For larger projects that require detailed analysis or engineering you will be supported by their engineers from their office in the U.S. Audit and smaller consulting assignments you will execute fully yourself. You will also be responsible for the follow up of commercial leads and the acquisition of new projects.
However, in an organization such as St. Onge, leaders are expected to show flexibility in their approach to work very hands on and be willing to undertake other tasks and missions that are reasonably allocated to them, but which are not part of their regular job description. Roll up the sleeves and make it happen yourself.
In this position you will report directly to the Director European Operations and work closely with your colleagues in Europe and the US.
St. Onge Company
St. Onge Company is a world-recognized supply chain strategy and logistics-consulting firm. Their discovery-driven approach brings together the elements of supply chain logistics, engineering and operations to ensure that the supply chain challenges a client faces will be met with unique answers that fit clients’ needs. From guiding strategy development to coordinating global logistics network optimization, each of their clients receives a custom solution.
St. Onge has performed over 5000 projects for 1000 clients in over 45 countries on 6 continents. The St. Onge international offices, which are based in York PA (USA) Nijmegen (NL) and Shanghai (CN), consist of full time Consultants, Engineers, Project Managers and Support.
While their professional service offerings have expanded over the years, their roots lie in the underlying business analytics and engineering of high-performance manufacturing, distribution and fulfillment facilities in order to optimize internal logistics flows and the supply chain. They have applied this analytical approach to all of their processes, drawing upon such disciplines as operations research and extensive data mining and analysis. They focus significant internal resources on the development of advanced modeling and design tools that allow them to enhance the design process of new operations or the evaluation of existing operations for their clients.
St. Onge’s independent consultative focus on supply chain transformation begins by taking the time to understand the demands and opportunities facing business and solving the right problems first. Their services span the entire supply chain, and through engineering solutions and a data-driven approach, they deliver a strategy tailored to the way clients do business.
Over 80+% of St. Onge projects come from repeat clients. Projects support companies of all sizes, from start-ups to multi-national conglomerates, example clients include: 100+ Fortune 500 clients, 30+ Fortune 100 clients and many of the world’s largest multi-national companies.
Whether a client needs one facet of their supply chain management strategy reviewed or an end-to-end evaluation, St. Onge delivers the solutions to drive meaningful results in alignment with clients’ business goals.
To learn more about St. Onge go to www.stonge.com
- MSc. degree from preferably a technical university;
- 10+ years of experience in material handling design in warehouse, distribution center or manufacturing environments or related industry;
- 4+ years of experience in leading European logistics (mostly warehouse engineering) projects preferred;
- Experience with both multinational companies and medium enterprises is preferred;
- Possess the skills and capabilities of a (senior) consultant and up to date with today’s material handling systems, warehouse operations and warehouse design practice in a wide range of industries;
- Able to think like an engineer and have the ability to analyze data, identify opportunities for improvement, size appropriate equipment, and advance operational designs for our clients;
- Strong business acumen, analytical, strategic thinking, problem solving, root cause failure analysis, and conceptual reasoning skills;
- Ability to multi-task, lead and carry out large projects with respect to clients and internal resources;
- Problem solving skills to support trouble shooting processes and other issues across several countries and cultures both in person and remotely;
- Demonstrated sales ability is a plus as well as demonstrated public speaking skills;
- Able to communicate easily with different levels within the client’s organization and your personality, knowledge and experience ensure that you are successful in your position;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a requisite;
- Must be legally allowed to live and work in the EU;
- Entrepreneurial spirit to deliver high quality to customers.
Edwin Tuyn | firstname.lastname@example.org | +31 654908052