With a strong focus on production costs and improvement programs, the Global Production Director leads all global (7) production locations by promoting consistency, collaboration, and manufacturing best practices. This position is responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement and working with local teams to help them achieve world-class operational performance and to achieve cost reduction targets year by year. Understanding of local cultures and practices is critical in order to efficiently communicate and achieve results.
● The Global Production Director will supervise a wide variety (in terms of cultures, languages, and levels of experience) of 7 manufacturing locations world-wide.
● Direct supervision over 5 Production Managers (two of them supervising two manufacturing locations, e.g. Brazil/Argentina and USA/Colombia), one Quality Assurance Manager and one R&D Supervisor (supervising a R&D team in a matrix structure).
● Over 400 indirect reports, about 85% – 90% employed by Mustad, added with some temps.
● To fit into the global team and to stress diversity, the ideal candidate is non-Dutch and brings in a wider regional / multi-location / international experience.
● Experience in steel manufacturing, alternatively in or wider molding industry (plastics, steel, metals, …) or multi-SKU volume manufacturing.
● The position is located in Lelystad (the Netherlands) and involves frequent travelling to offices / production locations in USA, Latin America and Europe.